Tuesday, October 9, 2012

RIVER VISTA By Cecelia Lyden

 
 
oil/stretched canvas
2'x3'
 
This was a commissioned painting. The client wanted a view of the Susquehanna River that was different than the one from her condo window[ seen in the upper left]. I took several photos from both sides and up and down the river. I emailed her all of the digital images [ hooray for technology]. She chose this vista in a populated area. She wanted a lot of the river, bridges, her condo, but did not want too many other buildings in the painting--nor any trees in the foreground. I convinced her that some foreground trees keep the river from "running off the canvas."
 
I kept her posted as I continued to paint, but she has not come to see the painting yet. This is the nerve-racking time for me--worrying and hoping the client will like the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment