Saturday, August 28, 2010

HEY, GET IN LINE LIKE THE REST OF US

acrylic 12"x16"
cecelialyden.com
I did this painting for a CALC chocolate theme art show. The word "chocolate" immediately got my "juices flowing". I took my camera to The PA Bakery in Camp Hill, explained my mission and took several pictures of various chocolate baked goods. I bought some to have the real thing in front of me while I painted [my excuse]. I decided to paint the tray of cookies. My inspiration was that they looked like they were moving, jostling for position on that tray. I try to create the feeling of motion in my still life paintings, a little excitement, so as not to appear staid or dead. I titled this painting, "Hey, Get In Line Like the Rest of Us".
PS. I finished eating the cookies way before I finished the painting and, in fact, remained hungry the entire time I worked on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment